Cheezburger, Inc. Member Created Sites. Last updated February 6, 2013
We may change or update this policy from time to time. Notice of any changes or updates will be indicated by changing the “last updated” notice set forth above. Accordingly, you should frequently visit this web page. Any updated policy shall be effective immediately after it is posted.
GENERAL RULES FOR PERSONAL PAGES
- You may not offer sweepstakes, contest, competition or similar offerings on your personal pages.
- You may not collect personally identifiable information of any users that visit your personal pages.
- You may not publish third party advertisements on your personal pages.
- You may not solicit passwords or personally identifiable information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
- You may not promote or engage in commercial activities and/or sales without the prior written consent from Cheezburger such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
- You may not engage in any activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network.
- You may not cover or obscure the banner advertisements and/or safety features on your personal profile page, via HTML/CSS or any other means.
- You may only add content to your personal page which you are authorized to use.
- You may not encouraging others to engage in click-throughs generated through any manner that could be reasonably interpreted as coercive, incentivized, misleading, malicious, or otherwise fraudulent.
- You acknowledge that all content you add to your personal page shall constitute a “User Submission” as defined in our Terms of Service, and accordingly, Cheezburger can use such User Submissions for any purpose. Additionally, since content posted to your page is intended for sharing, you should be aware that any content will be widely disseminated.
- You may not sell, buy, or solicit other forms of payment in exchange for usernames or account names.
- You may not impersonate or pretend to be another person or entity in order to deceive, cause consumer confusion, or infringe on a third party trademark.
- You may not register a username or account name that Cheezburger believes compromises its security or intellectual property rights (e.g., ssl.cheezburger.com, lolcats.cheezburger.com).
- Companies and businesses should report accounts misusing their trademarks or brand by sending an email to email@example.com. Your complaint should list the following information: (1) Your account user name, (2) company website, (3) your trademarked word or design, (4) the trademark registration office (e.g., USPTO), (5) the trademark registration number and (6) your full contact information (e.g., name, email address, phone number, address). Using a word or symbol in a way does not infringe on a third party’s trademark rights is not a violation of Cheezburger’s trademark policy.
- Cheezburger permits you to create parody accounts, provided that end users are not confused and the account does not violate any third party intellectual property rights or laws. Nevertheless, Cheezburger may, in its discretion, terminate a parody account if it reasonably believes that (1) Cheezburger needs to do so in order to avoid a dispute with a third party or (2) the account is likely to cause confusion, blur, or dilute a registered or unregistered trademark.
Cheezburger may delete your personal page if you do not actively use it. To keep your account active, be sure to log in and update your personal page at least once every six months. Accounts may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity.